– An Effective Treatment For Bones, Muscles And Joint Pains
Podikizhi or Churna Swedam is one of the most popular Ayurvedic treatments. It’s a sweat-inducing natural technique that involved fomentation, sudation, and steaming practices. The Podikizhi or Choorna Swedam treatment works effectively on reducing the inflammation of muscles in the spine, cervical spondulitis, lower back aches, frozen shoulder, rheumatic fever, arthritis, etc.
For Podikizhi treatment, the entire body is massaged with various herbal and medicated powders. The powders (churna) are made from the barks and roots of herbal plants. The herbal powders are selected based on the ailment. The churna is placed fried in herbal oils and tied into bolus. The bolus is dipped in the hot oil and gently rubbed on the affected or tender part of the body. The massaging promotes blood circulation and improves the perspiration. It works quite effectively in eliminating skin wastes and reviving the skin cells. The medicated powder made of herbs is the most important element of Podikizhi treatment. The Ayurvedic doctor decides the herbal powders depending on the disease and dosha predominance in the person.
Benefits of Podikizhi
Panchakarma is the first step to consciously manage and boost your health and wellbeing.
- Reduces the heaviness and stiffness of the joints and other affected body parts.
- Eases the movement of joints.
- Reduces inflammation and tenderness.
- Releases the trapped nerves
- Relieves the inflammation and pain in people suffering from osteoarthritis, cervical spondylitis, tennis elbow, rheumatoid arthritis, sciatica, back pain etc.
- Improves blood circulation
- Helps to get rid of immobility and deformity in smaller bones
- Regenerate and restores skin cells.
Podikizhi is recommended for middle-aged people who are prone to muscle strains, injuries and joint pains. It provides great relaxation for athletes and for anyone who strains their body every day.Podikizhi is a safe treatment and do not have any serious side-effects. However, it can rise the temperature of the body as it is a detoxification process. Podikizhi is not recommended for old people (above 75 years), young children and pregnant women.
At Vedic Karma, our certified Ayurvedic professionals offer various Kizhi treatments like Naranga Kizhi, Elakizhi, Nyavara Kizhi etc.