MIGRAINE TREATMENT IN BATALA. PB.
Migraines are caused by vasodilatation (widening of blood vessels) which releases the chemicals from nerve fibers that wrap around pillars in the brain. A migraine can cause severe throbbing pain or a pulsing sensation usually on one side of head.
According to Ayurveda, Vata and Pitta are the vitisted doshas in Migraine. Nasyam, Shirobasti,Shirodhara, are the treatment done for this condition.
Ayurvedic aspect of Migraine
In Ayurveda, migraine is referred as suryaavarta. Surya means sun and Avarta means Blockage. In migraine, headache is at worst condition in morning, reaches at its peak in afternoon and then subsides in the evening. But, this is not applicable to all cases. Symptoms can be different as per body constitution and habbits of every person.
A severe and throbbing headache starting from one point and spreading further, taking up an entire half of the head, often accompanied by vomiting, photophobia, pallor, Sweating etc, sometimes prevailing through the day or even more.
As per Ayurveda, flow of vatadosha is obstructed by pitta dosha thus causing throbbing pain.
Characteristic Features of Migraine Headache:
- Throbbing pain.
- Headache over eye brows.
- Headache in half part or full brain lasting for 2-3 hours.
- Attack more than 15 days in a month.
- Pulsating pain.
- Pain increases with exposure to light.
Nidan or Causes as per Ayurveda:-
- Exposure to sunlight for a prolonged period.
- Manasdoshas like anger, grief, jealousy, stress etc.
- Excessive intake of pungent, dry or salty food.
- Intake of polluted, oily, spicy, food.
- Suppression of natural urges.
Recurrence of Migraine attacks may be due to:-
- Alcohol or smoking.
- Changes in sleep pattern,
- Hormonal changes during menstrual cycle in women.
- Excessive stimulation because of stress, light, phone, loud noises, perfumes etc.
- Baked foods, Chocolate, dairy products, onion, garlic etc.
Ayurveda has really effective treatment for Migraine. At Vedic Karma Ayurvedic Multi-Speciality Hospital. we have treated successfully Migraine Patients, with the help of herbal internal medicines and various panchkarma methods like Shirodhara, Shirolepa, Shribasti, Nasyam, Dhoomanan Gandusham etc. For any assistance, Contact Vedic Karma at 9781813013 or send your queries at Cre@Vedickarma.co.in.